Hi sisters and happy Thursday! Saturday night was the day I have been waiting for since March (dun, dun, dun)…. the return of Creighton Basketball! If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that Tony and I are diehard Creighton basketball fans and we never miss a game. In fact, last year we traveled from Omaha to NYC to watch our beloved bluejays play in the Big East tournament!
So you may be wondering, “Sara, what does this have to do with a fashion blog?”… and let me tell you, everything! I am not a t-shirt gal (especially those stiff, boxy mens style ones that they give out for free in the t-shirt launcher thingy at half-time) so the past few years I have figured out a few key ways to support my team and wear my blue, while still feeling cute! Here are my top tricks! And they can be applicable to any sporting event, no matter which team you cheer for!
1. Get wedge sneakers! I have a grey pair of wedge sneaks and I wear them all the time. I’m a shorty so I love that I look casual but have a little bit of height without feeling over dressed
2. When in doubt, wear tall boots, nice black leggings, and stock up on tunics in your team’s colors! I always add an infinity scarf (think a bright yellow! or blue and white plaid) for the long walks from the Blatt to the Clink, aka from the bar to the building 🙂
3. Never leave home without some great gold (or silver) jewelry! I may be wearing leggings and a tunic, but I always feel better when I’ve got some bling on my arm, my favorite gold monogram necklace, and some stud earrings. Simple yet pulled together!
4.High-waisted flare jeans in a dark denim! I wear them all the time to games with gray wedge booties and then dress it down with a v-neck blue or white tee and wear a plaid button down or cozy cardigan.
5.Olive skinny jeans or jeggings! Super on trend for Fall/Winter and looks great with blue! Olive pants are a step above jeans yet still remain casual while adding an interesting color to your outfit!
6. Sleek cross body bag with a gold chain or hardware OR a great tote bag. This reversible tote will be accompanying me to every game, especially as the weather gets colder, because I can stuff my coat into my bag and still be hands free!
7. A light weight puffer coat (only $35!) because this allows you to bundle up for winter games, but it’s not too big so you can stuff it in your tote when you get inside. I have a black one!
I hope sharing my tips and tricks for sporting events helps with any questions you may have as you plan your sporty ensembles as you cheer on your favorite teams! Thanks so much for reading and have an awesome day, sister-friends!
Hi friends and welcome to Sabby Style! My name is Sara and I'm a Fashion, Life + Travel Blogger based in Omaha, Nebraska.
I love to mix colors, prints, and price-points to create a fun and relatable approach to finding your personal style!
I'm a Wife, Dog Mom x3, Animal Advocate, Believer, Learner, and Lover of Life!
4 Responses to Sporty Spice…