Hi friends and happy first day of Fall! Ahhh, what a great statement. I love Fall so much, but not for all the #basic reasons that most other gals do haha. So in honor of the September Solstice, I thought it would be fun to share my 5 Favorite Things about Fall!
1. PUMPKIN BEER. I’m a sucker for seasonal beers, but pumpkin beers might be my ultimate favorite! I like Blue Moon Pumpkin Harvest, Wasatch Pumpkin, Sam Adams 20 Pounds of Pumpkin, and Leinenkugel Harvest Patch Shandy. I know everyone goes crazy for the first day of PSL at Starbucks, but I actually dislike Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Gasp, don’t hate me! I love the idea of them and the hype can be fun, but truthfuly I think they taste very artificial, chemical-like. They’re also loaded with calories and sugar, and I’m the kind of girl that would rather eat her calories…unless we’re talking about pumpkin beer haha! I do enjoy the taste of pumpkin spice in my coffee, so I opt for a Grande Blonde Roast and add 1-2 pumps of the pumpkin syrup with my almond milk. Plus it’s much cheaper than a PSL!
2. SWEATER WEATHER. Now that I can bust out my cozy sweaters, all is right in the world! Adding to my sweater collection is so much fun, but this year more than ever before because fun, colorful sweaters are trending, which means I don’t have to say goodbye to my favorite hues just yet! I love this golden orange striped sweater and you girls did too when I shared it on my Instagram earlier this week! It’s light weight which makes it perfect to wear right now as we transition from warmer temps into brisk weather and you can easily layer it underneath a denim jacket or utility vest. And the best part yet, it’s long enough to wear with leggings! I opted for a front tuck with these jeans, but you betcha I’ll be rocking it with black leggings and booties! It’s such a steal at only $44 and you can take an additional 10% off with code SABSTYLE from Anna Kayte’s Boutique!
3. FOOTBALL. Growing up in Nebraska, I naturally became a Husker football fan at a very young age, and the love for GO BIG RED has not faded! From day trips to Lincoln and Memorial Stadium as a kid with my family and then to tailgating & bus trips as an adult; there’s something so special and sweet about college football on Saturday during the Fall! I don’t have a particular team that I root for when it comes to NFL, but every year Tony and I choose a new team – mine based on nothing other than a “feeling” and Tony bases his pick on who he has on his Fantasy Football team! And guess what… over the past 10 years of doing this, I’ve picked 6 Super Bowl winners! So even though I’m not a die hard fan for the pro’s, there’s just something nostalgic about watching “America’s Game” on Sunday! And in the words of Carrie Underwood – “Ohhhhh Sunday Night” – gosh that song is so catchy.
4. CROCK POT MEALS. One of my favorite things to do during Fall, especially on Sundays, is to get the crock pot fired up! From soups and chilis to corned beef & cabbage; I live for my slow cooker once the weather cools down. THIS is my go-to, holy grail cookbook because the meals are tasty and on the lighter side! If you have any slow cooker recipes that you swear by, please drop them in a comment or send me an email; I’m always looking to try new ones!
5. WALKS WITH OUR DOGS. We live in an older neighborhood, which means the big oak and maple trees have the most beautiful leaves during Autumn! We love to take our dogs on walks – Franklin (12.5), Roger (9), and Martha (4) – but with Franklin having Congestive Heart Disease and slowing way down, we have to be careful about walking him in the Summer months when it’s super hot and humid. Also, Roger has diabetes and we have to be mindful of his body temp and him overheating, so we tend to put a bit of a pause on walks in the Summer. But once Fall rolls around, we hit the pavement and love to take in the gorgeous scenery in our ‘hood!
Sweater – $44 + 10% off with code SABSTYLE – c/o Anna Kayte’s Boutique // Leopard Heels – More Leopard Shoes Here // Similar Denim Here and Here // Sunglasses – More Quay Sunglasses Here // Earrings // LV Speedy 35 – More Louis Vuitton Here // Earrings // Watch – More Michael Kors Watches Here
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Anna Kayte’s Boutique! All thoughts expressed are sincerely my own! xoxo
To make your Fall shopping a little bit easier, I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $1,000 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, October 2nd at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.