Hi babes and happy Friday! Today is my 32nd Birthday and in honor of turning the big 3-2, I’m going to share 32 fun facts or things you may not know about me!
- I get asked all the time on Instagram how tall I am and people are often surprised when I tell them I’m barely 5″3! Yep, I’m a shortie.
2. I’ve mentioned before that I’m 50% Lithuanian, but I’m also Native American (Lakota Sioux Tribe), as well as French and English.
3. Tony and I have been together for almost 9.5 years! Our Dating Anniversary is March 22, 2008. We’ve never broken up or separated, not once.
4. I have a little Sister, Rachel, and we’re 5 years a part.
5. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration with a focus on Economic Development.
6. I hate spending money on coffee, so I make one cup of Instant Coffee every morning. I would rather buy shoes than Starbucks!
7. I’m very passionate about animals, specifically rescue and adoption awareness. We rescued our youngest dog, Roger, in December of 2009.
8. Tony and I dated two years of long-distance while he was playing professional baseball.
9. Despite blogging about fashion & style for a career, I grew up a complete tomboy and lived in my soccer shorts and Adidas Sambas!
10. I love to fish. I grew up fishing with my family in Northern Minnesota. Tony loves to fish, too! I can’t wait to do that with our own kids someday.
11. I could live on the Thai Chicken Salad (no won ton strips) from Panera for the rest of my life. And French Onion soup.
12. I don’t have a sweet tooth at all. I didn’t even have a piece of my own wedding cake! But I love all things salty, especially sunflower seeds and Salt & Vinegar chips!
13. I’ve never met a beer I didn’t like.
14. I traveled to London & Paris in March of 2016 with my mom, my friend Michelle, and her mom. We had the best 11 days ever!
15. Tony and I love Mazatlan, Mexico. We’ve been there 5 times and had a two-week honeymoon there!
16. I love sea food but will only eat Veggie sushi rolls.
17. I have super small feet. I wear a 5 or 5.5! Which is why I buy tennis shoes from the Youth section!
18. Our youngest dog, Roger, has diabetes and we have to give him insult shots twice a day.
19. Tony and I are die-hard Creighton basketball fans and never miss a game! Our honeymoon happened to land on a few homes games, which we obviously couldn’t attend, but you better believe we found a nearby bar that had satellite tv so we could watch!
20. I love to mix high and low-end pieces. That’s why you’ll catch me rocking a $10 tee from Old Navy and my LV. Because life’s all about balance, right?!
21. Growing up I played soccer, softball, basketball, volleyball, and I danced!
22. My first car was a 1987 Chevy Nova aka a box on wheels!
23. And speaking of Nova… before I became a huge college basketball fan, I would still participate in the March Madness pools. I hardly paid attention to any of the teams, so I would randomly pick my winners. I would always pick Villanova to win because my first car was a Nova! Fast forward 6 years, I know a lot more and actually take March Madenss very seriously!
24. Tony and I first said “I love you” in the back of a taxi van while in the Taco Bell drive-thru line. Romantic, I know!
25. Tony and I have lived together since 2009.
26. I love going to the zoo. I have the best memories of going to the zoo with my family all through my youth, and now Tony and I love going together! I feel pretty lucky that I live in Omaha and that we were just voted the best zoo in the world!
27. I can’t live without my planner. I’ve tried to manage my calendar and to-do’s with online tools, but I always go back to pen and paper. I feel so much better when I write everything down!
28. I receive a lot of messages and questions about my “Cloffice” – Tony, my dad, and I turned one of our spare bedrooms into my walk-in closet/office. I purchased pretty much everything from Menards and we did everything ourselves! Yep, I can add “lays wood floors” to my resume.
29. I hate to admit this, but I buy all of my makeup from Walgreens. I’m so envious of women who are makeup savvy and can achieve a perfect smoky eye and contoured face, but I’m just not one of them! Yes, I still use Wet n Wild bronzer!
30. I was in a very serious car accident the summer before my senior year of high school, which is why I have marks & scars on my forehead. They have definitely faded over the years, thank goodness, but regardless, I’m lucky to be alive and that there was no serious permanent damage to my body! Wear your seat belt, kids.
31. I really enjoy writing! I don’t know what it will be about just yet, but I would love to publish a book or an e-book someday.
32. I LOVE this floral maxi dress from Impressions Boutique! Between the gorgeous blue and pink hues, the pretty floral print, and the pockets – it’s the perfect Summer dress! I know you’ve been seeing a lot of Fall outfits on Instagram already, but it’s 100 degrees today, so there’s still plenty of time to wear Summer dresses! This pretty number is only $42 plus you can take an additional 15% off with code SARASAB and I’m wearing a Small for reference!
Pink Bag – on sale for $130! // Similar Heels // Sunglasses – $55 & Free Shipping! // Stone Ring c/o Accessory Concierge // Watch // Turquoise Bracelets – 10% off with code sabbystyle10 – c/o Taudrey // Pom Pom Bracelets c/o Gold & Gray // Gold Link Bracelet – $32! // Similar Pink Earrings – $32!
This post was sponsored by Impressions Boutique! All thoughts and opinions are sincerely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I partner with! xoxo
28 Responses to Floral Maxi Dress + 32 Facts About Me for My 32nd Birthday