Camo Tee – $32 + 20% off with code SARASAB20 – c/o The Style Bar Boutique // Sunglasses // Similar Red Purse // Sneakers // Watch // Earrings // Similar Shorts
Hi friends and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start! Today’s post is all about 4th of July inspiration – from fashion to food! So let’s start with this camo tee! If you’ve been following me on the ‘Gram for sometime now, then you know I’m in a constant state of a camo crush haha. No matter what season, I always find a way to incorporate a little camo into my wardrobe and daily outfits. This adorable camo tee with the American flag pocket is PERFECT for the 4th of July – well for all Summer long actually! I always say I wear my heart on my sleeve and for this Independence Day, I’ll be wearing my love for my country on my heart! Aside from the mere fact that it’s just downright adorable, I also love that it’s long enough to wear with leggings. I have it tucked in for this particular outfit, but it’s got some length to it, which I much appreciate because Midwest weather is beyond unpredictable and it very well could be chilly on the 4th. In fact, a few years ago it was like 60 degrees and misting like we were by the ocean! So. Strange. Obviously I hope it’s hot and sunny but in the case it’s not, I’m covered with this tee! I’m wearing a size Medium and it runs roomy, so no need to size up!
It’s just $32 and you can use code SARASAB20 for 20% off your order at The Style Bar Boutique!
Now let’s chat about food! One of my favorite dishes to bring to potlucks and tailgates are my healthy deviled eggs! I’ve always loved deviled eggs but for some reason I was under the impression that they were an unhealthy snack or side dish. So it got me thinking that I bet I could tweak a recipe to make it lighter yet equally as tasty! I also lean towards savory foods versus sweet treats. And most deviled eggs are made with sugar and sweet pickles. So I decided to whip up a batch of healthy-ish, savory deviled eggs for my “adult” party contribution and much to my delight, they’ve been a huge hit each time, and I think you’ll love them, too!
1. 12 Eggs (I prefer brown eggs vs. white eggs)
2. 1/4 cup of mayo (When I rarely use mayo, I opt for the real deal, but you could certainly use a reduced fat, etc. OR eggless mayo to avoid allergies)
3. 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
4. 1-2 tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
5. Garlic Salt
6. 1-2 Kosher Dill Pickles
9 STEP RECIPE
1. Boil Eggs for 10-15 minutes. Add a bit of vinegar to water (helps when peeling eggs)
2. Give eggs a cold water & ice bath to cool them quickly (helps when peeling eggs)
3. Cut eggs in half going the long way
4. Drop the yokes into a separate bowl – be sure to try and keep egg whites in tact!
5. Mash up egg yokes
6. Add mayo, mustard, garlic salt, and vinegar to bowl. Mix together
7. Dice up pickles into very small pieces. Add to bowl. Mix all together
8. Add a dollop of your mix to each egg white
9. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving to set the eggs
Thank you so much for reading today and I hope you enjoy the camo tee and the yummy eggs! xoxo