Hi galpals! First, I want to thank you for your patience while I took a step back from blogging/social media over the Christmas holiday. I firmly believe that in order to be the best versions of ourselves, we must be present in our daily lives and to always remember the why of what we’re doing and what is truly most important. My family, making memories, staying off my phone, staying in my flannel PJ’s, watching hours of Netflix, and honoring Christ’s birthday are those very important things in which I have been up to! Second, can you believe that it is already almost 2016??? Holy moly where did this year go?! There were some major highlights in 2015 and I would love to take a stroll down memory lane for a moment 🙂
1. First and foremost, I got ENGAGED! On July 21st, Tony, my long-time manfriend for 7.5 years finally asked me to be his wife. It was the most perfect surprise and quite possibly a true depiction of ultimate happiness. It feels so amazing to be taking that next step of our lives, and to have that bling-bling! (You know what I’m saying’!)
2. I turned the big 3-0! Also on July 21st, I turned that milestone birthday and said goodbye to my 20’s. I have to say, I don’t know what I was so worried about. I’ve never felt more confident, happy, and wonderfully sure about my life!
3. Hawaii Trip! Myself, along with Tony’s mom’s entire side of the family took a long vacation to Maui in June! It’s crazy because that was the first time I met his cousins and uncle! We had an amazing experience and feel so blessed to have such wonderful family members near and far! We also made grandiose plans and swore we would quit our jobs and move there… needless to say, we’re still in Omaha! (we can dream, right?!)
4. Sabby Style Makeover! This little blog of mine got a major facelift in November and it was love at first sight! I feel that this new space truly represents my passion and that this is only just the beginning. Big sh*t poppin’ soon… Stay tuned!
5. Girls Night Omaha Events! With my best girl by my side, Michelle and I launched our business of GIRLS NIGHT OMAHA. These events are held at local boutiques and embody the importance of empowering others, feeling good about yourself, building friendships, and having fun! It has already grown so much in these past five months and trust me when I say that GNO 2016 will blow your mind!
6. House Renovation Began! Tone and I, along with some major help from my dad, embarked on the not-so-glamorous journey of remodeling our house. A few fights were had, and many a beers were drank, but we successfully completed the full reno of our master bedroom and bathroom, plus a major part of our basement! We have quite a bit of work ahead of us, but it is so exciting to see the transformation happen! Wish us luck!
7. Roger Can See! Earlier this month, we underwent cataract surgery for Roger’s eyesight. I am SO happy to say that my little buddy can now see and is one happy camper! The cone of shame was a sad sight and there were many eye drops given (we are still doing 5 eyedrops, 5 minutes a part, twice a day!), but seeing him back to his old squirrel-chasing self is worth every penny!
8. 2015 Favorite Looks! And because this is a fashion blog, I put together a collage of my favorite looks from 2015. It’s no surprise that they are bright and colorful and of course my favorite outfit was the one I was wearing when we got engaged! Though I’m not usually a polo kind of gal… But for a country club/golf course engagement, it was perfectly pink! 🙂
For outfit links (for those items I could find online still) click here!
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for supporting this little blog, this little dream of mine, and most importantly, for being my friend. I try to remain true and authentic to not only my personal style, but also my heart. I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in-store and I hope you continue to join me on this journey!
All my love,