Hey sister-friends and happy humpday! We are officially in the throws of wedding planning and I can’t believe that we are inching our way out of August and quickly approaching the first day of Fall! Because after Fall comes Winter, and that means I’m getting married sooner than I realized. Here are some wedding updates that I’ve crossed off my to-do list this past month!
– Honeymoon is BOOKED! You guys. This was so stressful because I was dead set on visiting a new place that Tony and I haven’t gone yet. I then started brainstorming the most beautiful places with dreams of all-inclusive and first-class flights. Turns out we don’t have a money tree growing in the back yard and Tony gently brought me back down to earth! And it turns out that Aruba is one expensive island! So we decided that for the sake of our budget and my sanity, that we wold head back to our favorite destination, Mazatlan, Mexico! We’ve vacationed there 3 times and own a timeshare at one of the most beautiful 5 Star Resorts in Mazatlan, Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. We always feel safe, secure, and the resort staff are one-of-a-kind! And the native people of Mazatlan are very welcoming and kind. We honestly love Mazatlan! We’ll leave Omaha one week after our wedding and will be gone for an entire two weeks! Holy moly I am so excited.
– We started our Wedding Registry at Borsheims! Going from the mindset that we don’t need more things to give me all the flatware, stemware, and serving bowls – I am so excited for the beautiful items we picked out! Tony even chose our new silverware and we both laughed when we saw that it was Kate Spade. He’s a man after my heart! If you haven’t thought about registering at Borsheims, it’s definitely worth a trip to their gift department! And be sure you meet with Jodi; she helped complete our vision!
– We completed our online FOCCUS inventory and have signed up for our Catholic marriage preparatory retreat and will be attending that in October. It may sound cheesy, but I’m actually looking forward to exploring our faith as a couple and to meet other couple’s who are on their own journey!
– The Bachelorette Party is officially booked and we are headed to Vegas the second week of September! We will be staying at the MGM Grand and plan to pool it up all day long then dance the night away! And of course, do a little shopping J Hello Caesar’s Palace Shops, I’m coming for you!
– Bridesmaids dresses have been selected and ordered! They are going to be a beautiful contrast to my dress and the best part, it was only $100 to rent these gorgeous gowns! I was hesitant at first to explore the rental option, but I know from personal experience I’ve never worn any of my bridesmaids dresses from past weddings and I definitely did not want my girls to spend upwards of $300 on a dress.
– And last but not least, my dress arrived and she’s just as dreamy and perfect as I remember when I bought it in December! I’ll be wearing a very sparkly Hayley Paige gown and I can’t wait to see the look on Tony’s face as I’m walking down the aisle. We aren’t doing a first look, so that moment in the Cathedral is going to be one for the books!
I would love any tips and “don’t forgets” from my friends who survived wedding planning!